Make the most out of your Recast channel with these 10 tips that will help you promote your channel like a pro.
- Promote your Recast channel on your website. Publish a news story when you launch and set up a dedicated Recast page so fans know how the platform works and what to expect from your channel. You might want to include some of our free fan explainer assets.
- Add your channel to your link in bio tool (e.g. linktree) and any other social media channel or platform that you are active on. When creating social posts about your Recast channel, use our Recast branded assets and social stickers.
- Create a content schedule so that you can plan social media posts alongside it and make sure that you are telling your fans about every new piece of Recast content on your social channels. A steady drumbeat of clear and consistent content and promotion is key!
- When you upload or schedule content on Recast – tell your fans! Share a direct link to your new content from your social media channels and tell your fans to follow your Recast channel, to make sure they receive notifications when you upload new content or schedule a live event. Use a link tool like Bit.ly to track your click rates, and tidy up your posts.
- If you send out regular emails or newsletters, make sure you include information about your Recast channel and content. Your fans might be new to Recast. If you want to help them understand how the platform works, use our free, downloadable fan explainer assets.
- Exclusive, first look, live, and longer form content works really well on Recast – give your fans something they can’t get elsewhere. Use your existing social media channels to share teaser clips of your content, with a link to direct fans to the full length content on Recast.
- Consider your pricing. You can change the price of a piece of content at any time, so you could make it cheaper for the first 24 hours to encourage early sales i.e. ’buy in the next 24 hours and save!’
- If you are trying to attract fans from Patreon or Twitch, give them an incentive to move. Remember, Recast enables fans to earn Cast Credits as well as paying for them – make sure your fans know how they can make the most of their Recast account. You could also try content ‘sales’ where you reduce the cost for a short period of time to build up new followers?
- If possible, publish or schedule one or more pieces of content before you start promoting your channel. This will show your fans that the channel is active so they can enjoy your content straightaway!
- And remember – Upload and promote new content regularly and consistently – so your fans know when to expect your next piece of content on Recast and keep coming back for more!
Need help uploading or scheduling content on Recast? Check out our publisher guides.